Strike the right balance of salty and sweet with these chewy oat bars! Made from whole foods ingredients, it's the perfect snack to pack in lunch boxes, or to grab when you're on the go.
Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Fig and Oat Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup ground flaxseeds
- 8 dried figs
- 12 pitted dried dates
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- A heaping 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- A dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease or line a 9×7-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Soak dates and figs in a bowl of water and grind flax seeds in coffee grinder.
- Combine almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, and oats into a food processor. Pulse until almonds are mostly chopped in quarters. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine dates and figs into the food processor. Process until the mixture turns into a paste.
- Add fruit mixture and brown rice syrup to the large mixing bowl. Mix until brown rice syrup is evenly distributed to bind all ingredients together.
- Firmly press mixture into pan/baking dish and bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then slice into bars.