Add one of these deliciously warming patties to a salad, a wrap, or make it into a burger! Enjoy the delicious flavors, meaty texture, and bonus tahini sauce!
Curry Lentil Patties [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Patties:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup brown lentils (soaked overnight in water)
- 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
To Make the Tahini Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- Water as needed
- Pre-heat oven to 355°F.
- Cook the lentil in water in a saucepan for 20-30 mins or until soft. Once cooked, strain out any remaining water and place lentil in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend the chickpeas, tahini and lime juice until smooth then add to the bowl.
- Add all remaining lentil patty ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place baking paper on baking tray and scoop out about a tablespoon full of mixture depending on how big or small you want them. Roll into a ball in your hand and press down gently onto baking paper. Continue for remaining mixture.
- Add sesame seeds on top (optional) and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the patties are in the oven you can make the tahini sauce. Simply place all ingredients into a cup and mix together adding small amounts of water until you get the right consistency.
- When burgers are cooked, enjoy with a salad, on a burger, or in a wrap.