If you crave that classic chicken salad sandwich like you can get at a diner, then this recipe is a must-try. Vegan chicken strips are pan-seared and then combined with vegan mayonnaise, toasted cashews, golden raisins, and curry powder. Add some chopped celery to give it some crunch and serve with a big pile of diner-style fries.
Curried ‘Chicken’ Salad Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1 9-ounce package of vegan chicken, chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2-3/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- Lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Celery, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 sandwich buns
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground or fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup massaged, minced kale
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, throw the chopped vegan chicken pieces in with a little bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of curry powder. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until you get a good sear. Throw cashews in the oven for 10 minutes on 350°F, rotating midway for an even roast.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegan chicken, raisins, vegan mayonnaise, toasted cashews, kale, lemon juice, scallion, sea salt, and curry powder. If using celery, add that, too. Dress the buns with arugula and avocado and top with chicken salad mixture.