This fresh, crunchy salad is the perfect lunch! It's also versatile, to meet all of your mealtime needs! It can be rolled up in a soft flour tortilla or sandwiched between rustic bread for a quick and portable lunch that's light and delicious.
Crunchy Fresh Broccoli Quinoa Salad [Vegan]
- 1 head broccoli, broken into small florets (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups kale, white parts removed and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion (about 1/2 cup), finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/3 cup dry), cooled
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare and chop all ingredients.
- Add broccoli, kale, red onion, cucumber, grapes, almonds, and quinoa to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, agave, lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper. Stir with a spoon or whisk and add the dressing to the vegetable mix. Stir until combined and serve.