Despite popular belief, potatoes are one of the healthiest foods on earth! It's all just a matter of how you cook them. The potatoes in this recipe, for instance, are tossed with turmeric and oven roasted to crisp perfection for a flavorful, healthy, and energizing dish.
Crispy Turmeric Curried Roasted Potatoes [Vegan]
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced or minced
- 5 cups potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder, optional
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a gallon plastic bag or large bowl, combine onion, garlic, potatoes, seasonings, and olive oil. Mix to combine until all of the potatoes are well-coated.
- Pour the potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, removing every 10 minutes to stir and toss the potatoes for even baking.