Is there anything that's more comforting than fried potatoes? These have minimal ingredients, are easy, and straight to the point. Upgrade from fries to these duchess potatoes and serve them alongside a big salad or sandwich. Serious level up.
Crispy Duchess Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 potatoes peeled and cooked
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (soak in water 20 min before use)
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Crush the potatoes with a potato-masher or with a fork.
- Next, add the vegan butter, pepper, salt, and cornstarch. Toss and set aside.
- Remove the cashews from the water and blend them in the blender or food processor. The resulting paste is added to the mashed potatoes. Try to incorporate the ingredients well.
- In a low dish, add the chickpea flour and, with the purée, form balls. Put flour on the balls before frying them in the hot oil. When golden, remove, and drain excess oil. Serve hot.
The cashew paste is to enhance the flavor. You can replace the cashews with almonds, hazelnuts, or peanuts.