If you're looking for an effortless curry dish, your search ends here. This crispy coconut tofu is affordable, approachable, and can pair with any veggie you like. It's crispy, sweet from the coconut flour and coconut rice, and also spicy from the Sriracha!
Crispy Coconut Tofu With Bok Choy [Vegan]
For the Tofu:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups jasmine rice with 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar - (optional)
- 1 package firm tofu
- 3 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Bok Choy (sliced in half)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Breading:
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a pot, add 2 cups water and 1 can coconut milk with sea salt, and optional sugar. Once boiling add rice, then reduce to a simmer leaving the lid on top. Leave covered without peaking & then gently fluff with a fork.
- In a pan over medium heat cook grated ginger and garlic. Once translucent, throw in the sliced Bok Choy face down and cook for a few minutes on low/medium heat to prevent burning the garlic. Once softened, set aside.
- Throw in a 1/2 can of coconut milk on high. Add curry powder, Sriracha, and a few cilantro leaves. Let the sauce come to a boil. Add in two tablespoons of coconut flour and whisk the sauce.
- Slice tofu into rectangles and drain water onto paper towels. Make three bowls to crust tofu. One with coconut flour and corn starch, and optional curry powder/salt. The second bowl will have just coconut milk and the third with tempura flakes, curry powder and salt.
- Dip dried off tofu in flour mixture, then coconut milk, then in the tempura flakes, making sure each side is evenly covered.
- Place coated tofu in a pan on high heat with oil.
- Allow to cook each piece until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve tofu on top of coconut rice with the curry mixture.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and bok choy. (or your veggie of choice!)