This recipe is made from a handful of accessible and affordable ingredients, takes minutes, packs crunch, flavor, nutrient, and pairs seamlessly with the roast garlic and truffle aioli! If you’re looking for seamless app recipes for entertaining then this vegan crispy asparagus with truffle aioli is for you!
Crispy Asparagus With Truffle Aioli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Truffle Aioli:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon white truffle oil
- Roasted garlic, diced
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
To Make the Battered Asparagus:
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap completely in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Remove from oven to cool. Once cool enough to handle, chop finely and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine everything except the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge asparagus in batter then dredge in breadcrumbs mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Top with additional herbs. (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the aioli ingredients. Drizzle in truffle oil and continue whisking until combined and smooth. Serve with asparagus.