This creamy pumpkin pasta with fried sage is sure to evoke all of the feels. It’s creamy, it’s packed with flavor, and most importantly, it’s simple to make and the perfect dish to share with friends and family. There is something so bold and beautiful about including fresh herbs in a recipe. The flavor enhancement and magical aroma can truly bring a meal to life. With the addition of fresh thyme in the sauce and the perfectly crisp fried sage to top the pasta, your taste buds are sure to be buzzing bite after bite.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta With Fried Sage [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounces gluten-free pasta of choice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight & drained
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Leaves from 1 small bunch of sage
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Prepare your pasta according to the packaging instructions.
- In a pan over medium heat, add in the onions and garlic. Sautée until fragrant and the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, add them into a high-speed blender, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and pour over cooked pasta.
- Line a small plate with paper towel. In a small pan, add in the vegan butter and allow it to melt and warm through. Add in the sage leaves, and sizzle until crispy and fragrant, about 1 – 2 minutes. Remove the sage and add it onto the lined plate to cool and drain off excess oil.
- Divide pasta, top with fried sage, and dig in!