It's no secret that butter is a vital component in the baking world. It's used to brown croissants, soften brownies, and of course, pairs great with a crumbly scone. This vegan cashew butter is perfect for all of your baking and cooking needs that require butter, or it's just great for spreading on toast!
Creamy Cashew Butter [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup of pre-soaked cashews
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin granules
- 1/4 teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- Start off by pulsing the cashew nuts with warm water in a food processor, until a creamy consistency begins to form.
- Once the creaminess has formed, transfer the nut puree into a small bowl with the apple cider vinegar and set aside for 10-15 minutes. After a few minutes, the mixture should congeal and thicken up.
- The next step includes the melted coconut oil, if it hardens, melt again in a bowl surrounded by some warm water.
- Add of the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Once finished, add the smooth, runny liquid to a mold or ice cube tray, and freeze for 1 hour or so.
Use sunflower lecithin granules to keep this recipe soy-free. Use a large mould for small butter sticks The butter has a shelf life of about a week or so. It's recommended that you store the butter in freezer, thaw, and use accordingly.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS