Brownies shouldn't be the only exclusive oven-baked dessert you eat. Try these Crazy Delish Vegan Blondies, made with cranberries and pistachios, for a new favorite dessert.
Cranberry Pistachio Blondies [Vegan]
- 100g (3.5 oz) firm tofu
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) apple sauce
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rapeseed (canola) oil
- 80g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) dried cranberries
- 40g (1/3 cup) shelled pistachios
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC (356ºF). Line a cake tin (roughly 20 x 20 cm/7.87 x 7.87 inches; mine was heart-shaped, so it’s hard to judge accurately) with baking parchment.
- Process the tofu, almond milk, oil, vanilla, spices and apple sauce in a blender until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the liquid with the caster sugar and flour. Fold in the dried fruit and pistachios.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 25 minutes. Keep an eye on your cake; if it browns too quickly on top, lower the heat and bake for longer.
- Cool on a wire rack. The centre should be gooey but the outside fairly firm.
I list dried cranberries in the recipe, but I used sultanas for the blondies I photographed, as you can see from the photo. I have tried them with dried cranberries, though, and I much prefer them.