Cheerful vegan meal perfect for a cold winter evening if served warm and for a summer buffet if chilled!
Bulgur With Papaya and Pomegranate [Vegan]
- 200 g bulgur
- 1 tsp curcuma powder
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 200 g pumpkin flesh, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 zucchinis
- 100 g champignons
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 1/2 small papaya, peeled and cut in small cubes
- Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
- Fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the bulgur according to the instructions, or cook it in salted water (ratio 1 part bulgur to two parts of water) for approximately 15-17 minutes. When almost ready, add curcuma and stir well.
- Meanwhile, chop zucchini and champignons.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet. Cook zucchini, champignons and pumpkin cubes on a low heat during 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cashews and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the bulgur. Add papaya cubes, parsley and pomegranate.
- Stir well and serve.