This cozy breakfast bowl is a new way to start your morning. While quinoa is typically used in savory dinners, this recipe transforms it into the perfect base for a warm, filling breakfast by cooking it with cinnamon and serving it with creamy cashew milk. Clementines give it a burst of citrusy flavor and raw pumpkin seeds add crunchy texture.
Clementine and Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clementine, peeled and pieces sliced in half
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and pecans
- A splash of cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Combine the quinoa, water, and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 12-15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking combine all of the ingredients for the maple tahini in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Place the cooked quinoa in a bowl, top with clementine slices, pumpkin seeds, pecans, the maple tahini, and then add a splash of cashew milk. Serve warm.