This soup is packed with all the good stuff! Even though it's oil-free, it's full-flavored, thanks to fresh lemon juice, fresh ginger, bright turmeric, balancing cinnamon, and a touch of spicy cayenne. The soup's leafy greens, broccoli, celery, and carrots will nourish you and make you feel whole. Enjoy this soup as a light lunch with a salad on the side.
Cleansing Detox Soup [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- fine-grain sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups water or 4 cups vegetable broth, plus 2 cups water
- 2 cups kale, de-stemmed and torn in pieces
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
- In a large pot, add the water or vegetable broth and turn on the heat to medium-high. After it’s hot, add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the celery, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, and fresh ginger.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes, adding in extra water or broth as needed. Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the water or vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add in the kale, cabbage, and lemon juice near the last 2-3 minutes of simmering, then remove from heat and serve.
Leftovers stay well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.