This is a simple, luxurious, and decadent treat to enjoy for the holidays- or any day really! But not to worry…they are still clean and healthy! They are super easy to make and all you need is a good food processor and your hands to roll them. To dress them up, roll them in crushed pistachios and goji berries. If you want to add some sparkle to them, you can even roll them in raw cane sugar.
Clean and Colorful Cacao and Walnut Truffles [Raw Vegan]
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups Medjool dates (16 pieces, pitted)
- 8-10 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- In a food processor, process the pistachios until they are finely ground. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the goji berries until they are finely ground. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the walnuts until they are finely ground.
- Add the Medjool dates, raw cacao powder and vanilla extract to the ground walnuts and process until well combined.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon at a time, squeeze them, then roll them into a ball shape in the palm of your hand.
- When finished, roll the balls in the crushed pistachios, ground goji berries or raw cane sugar, if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.