A super easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that is made with spelt flour. These cookies are lightly sweetened with maple syrup and organic unrefined brown sugar. These cookies will brighten up your day with just one bite.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1¼ cups sifted spelt four
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon organic light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup grain sweetened or vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients, stir until well mixed.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place spoonfuls of dough (about 1 tablespoon) on the prepared baking sheet and flatten. Bake 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.