Simply decadent, indulgent and delicious. With chocolate you can't ever go wrong. This Raw Vegan Cake has three different textures that melt together in your mouth and create a beautiful symphony of flavors.
Chocolate Chocolate Raspberry Cake [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
For the base:
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup cashew flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small pack of raspberries for the centre of the cake
For the mouse:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
For the decoration:
- 1 cup cacao butter
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2-4 raspberries
- Mix all the base ingredients thoroughly, but the raspberries.
- Dividing the mixture into 4, place one part into the bottom of the metal ring and spread evenly. Repeat this until you have 4 bases.
- Blend all mousse ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and set aside.
- Arrange some raspberries at the bottom of the ring, covering the whole of the base. You can then cover with one quarter of the mousse. Repeat this with the other bases.
- Leave the cakes you have just done in the freezer for a few minutes, by which time it will be firm enough to remove the metal ring.
- You can decorate the cakes however you like. For my decoration, I mixed cacao butter, cacao powder and agave syrup and used a spoon to drizzle that mixture onto a Paraflexx sheet. I then saved it in the freezer for a few minutes until firm. I also topped the cakes with some raspberries and a dusting of cacao powder.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
BuckwheatCashewChocolateChocolate CakeRaspberryRaw Cacao