One bite of these peanut butter cups is all it takes for you to be hooked for life. It's no secret that chocolate and peanut butter belong together. This recipe perfectly replicates those oh-so-delicious peanut butter cups. Try changing up the flavors using different nut butters and fruit toppings — and have fun with it!
Chocolate Not-Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups [Vegan]
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter ( can also be replaced with almond butter )
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Add the lucuma powder and maple syrup. You can add more or less maples syrup depending on how bitter you like your chocolate.
- Line a tray with cupcake liners.
- Pour one spoon of chocolate in each cup, and place the tray in the freezer.
- In the meantime, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt.
- Take the tray out of the freezer. Distribute the peanut butter mix evenly between the three cups and top off with more chocolate. You can sprinkle some crushed nuts over them, or some freeze-dried berries.
- Stick in the freezer. Remove from the freezer once the chocolate has set.