Scrumptious little energy balls that will help keep your energy levels high, while boosting your body with an array of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They're also sweet chocolatey and who can argue with that?
Chocolate Energy Bliss Balls [Vegan]
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1-2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Raw cacao, for dusting
- In a food processor, add the nuts, desiccated coconut, raw cacao nibs, and pumpkin seeds. Blend for approximately 10 seconds until broken down into tiny pieces.
- Add the raw cacao and salt and blend twice to ensure thoroughly mixed.
- Add the dates, peanut butter, coconut oil, and agave and blend. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides from time to time. Blend until all ingredients are mixed and a squishy big ball forms. Feel the consistency of the mixture. If it’s too dry, and a tiny bit more coconut oil, or a little more nuts if the consistency is too moist. You’ll be able to tell while blending, the mixture should slowly start to all stick together.
- Once you’re happy with the mixture, rub a bit of coconut oil in your hands. This is the best way to roll balls without the mixture sticking to your fingers and palm of your hands.
- Roll your balls into the preferred size, by rolling smaller balls you’ll get a greater yield.
- Dust with raw cacao and allow to set in the fridge overnight or freezer for 3 hours.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.