These cookies are dangerously irresistible and it's impossible to stop at just one. They are delicate, flaky and melt in your mouth. Something about the almond brings out the perfect depth of flavor, and the chocolate puts them over the edge. Sprinkle with powdered sugar for a lovely touch and enjoy with a large glass of almond milk!
Chocolate-Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Dry roast the almonds on a baking pan for 8-10 minutes, checking frequently, until fragrant and the natural oils begin to appear. Pulse almonds in a food processor until it represents a course sand. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and almond extract with a handheld mixture on medium speed until light and fluffy. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the flour, pinch of salt and 3/4 cup of the ground almonds. Use your hands if needed.
- Place your dough on a large sheet of plastic wrap and carefully roll it into a log. About 1 foot long, and a little more than 1 inch thick. Wrap the log tightly in the plastic wrap and freeze for 30 minutes. The dough is going to be delicate and might crumble a little bit, but it will be ok once your wrap it up and freeze it.
- After 30 minutes, preheat oven to 350°F. Unwrap the dough and cut 1/4-inch thick slices. Place cookie slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from pan and place them on a wire wrack to cool.
- When the cookies are cooled, melt the chocolate chips and butter together in a small pan over medium-low heat, or in the microwave, 30-second intervals. Dip half of each cooled cookie into the chocolate, place on wax paper until the chocolate is set.