Chocolate and cheesecake are natural besties, which makes the invention of chocolate covered cheesecake bites a no brainer. Creamy and rich on the inside, sweet and decadent on the outside and all without a bit of dairy. Plus, they come together so easily that the challenge is only eating one!
Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the cheesecake:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. agave nectar
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- A pinch of kosher salt
For the chocolate:
- 4 oz. dark unsweetened chocolate
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar (optional)
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes (or warm water for 3 hours). Drain and discard the water.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the cheesecake and process until smooth. Taste for any necessary adjustments. Fill the 6 compartments of a silicone mold with the cheesecake. Freeze for several hours.
- In a small saucepan, add the chocolate and coconut oil (and agave, if desired). Melt over low heat while stirring. If the chocolate seizes, add a bit more coconut oil or milk. Transfer the chocolate to a bowl.
- Gently remove the cheesecake bites from the mold. Using a fork or two spoons (my desired method), cover the cheesecake bites in chocolate and put on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate. Refrigerate for several hours until the chocolate sets. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS