These sandwich cookie-inspired no-bake tarts are fabulous! A rich, chocolate cookie crust topped with homemade coconut cream. The crust is made from cashews and flax, so it's a little chewy and the coconut whipped cream is about as creamy and decadent a whipped cream you can get. This is the perfect treat to make for yourself or friends.
Coconut Whipped Cream with Chocolate Cookie Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Scant 1/2 cup flax meal
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- Coconut whipped cream
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 13.66-ounce can full-fat coconut milk, left in the refrigerator overnight
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, ground into powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean seeds
To Make the Cookie Crust:
- In a blender, grind the cashews into flour, then throw the cashew flour into a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients until you have a doughy mixture that holds its shape.
- Set aside a scant 1/4 cup of this mixture for the cookie crumble. Press the remaining dough into tart tins or whatever shape you like and put in the fridge for an hour or more so they harden up.
To Make the Cookie Crumble:
- Roll out the dough you set aside, then leave it in the oven at its lowest temperature until it gets crispy, 2-3 hours. Chop it up into cookie pieces and set aside while you make the whipped cream.
To Make the Coconut Whipped Cream:
Chill a metal mixing bowl in the freezer prior to beginning.
Remove the coconut milk from the refrigerator and flip it upside down. This is to make the liquid rise to the top. Let it set for about a moment, then open the can and pour out the liquid and reserve for later use.
Take your chilled mixing bowl out of the refrigerator, then scoop the hard coconut cream. Add the remaining ingredients for the coconut whipped cream and using a hand mixer, whisk the coconut cream. Scoop the whipped cream onto the cookie crusts. Sprinkle with cookie crumble and serve.
EXPLORE MORE RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS: