If you are looking for a recipe for a healthy dessert, these chocolate chickpea cookies will delight you. They do not contain flours, gluten, or added sugars (except for chocolate). To prepare the dough we used cooked chickpeas and peanut butter and added dates to sweeten. There are nuggets of dark chocolate, but it is an optional ingredient, or you can replace them with nibs of cocoa or pure dark chocolate without sugar. The cookies are soft and tender, they are also very satisfying and have a large amount of protein, therefore, they become a perfect snack post workout.
Chocolate Chickpea Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 dates
- 2 + 3/4 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- Soak the dates in warm water 15 minutes before the preparation, drain and cut into pieces.
- Wash and drain the chickpeas, put them in the blender. Add peanut butter, dates, salt and vanilla. Blend until a well-mixed and compact dough is formed.
- Put the cookie dough in a bowl and add chopped chocolate or black chocolate chips, mix well.
- Take equal portions of dough with our hands, form balls and crush them into a cookie.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a baking tray covered with vegetable paper. Place the cookies in the tray and bake them for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before serving, because while they are hot, they stay soft, while they cool down they will harden.