This creamy ice cream cake starts with frozen bananas that are blended into a soft-serve ice cream texture that sits on a crispy puffed rice crust. The sides of the ice cream cake are coated with additional puffed rice and the top of the cake is decorated with creamy peanut butter, chocolate, and crunchy almonds.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Banana Ice Cream:
- 3 ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 3/4 teaspoon coconut oil, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons almonds, chopped
To Make the Banana Ice Cream:
- In a food processor or powerful blender, place the chopped bananas and the peanut butter, process until smooth, creamy, soft-serve ice cream texture. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until solid.
To Make the Crust:
- Line a 7-inches spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice cereal with the maple syrup, coconut oil and cocoa, until all the cereal is covered. Press into the pan and up the sides. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and spread the banana ice cream over the crust. Leaving 1 inch around the edge. Freeze again for 10 minutes.
To Prepare the Toppings:
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil. Drizzle over the banana ice cream.
- In a small bowl stir together the peanut butter, softened coconut oil and Maple syrup. Drizzle over the banana ice cream.
- Sprinkle with the almonds. Freeze for 20 minutes. Remove from the freezer and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes prior to serving.