A ripe avocado is sliced and layered with smooth, rich chocolate and creamy almond butter. This rich chocolate avocado "egg" is perfect for the easter season! With a dusting of cacao powder and a chocolate drizzled down the side, it's a dessert with a presentation that'll have everyone salivating.
Chocolate Avocado Easter Egg [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Avocado:
- 1 whole, ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup almond butter
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetener, such as xylitol, maple syrup, or agave nectar, to taste
- 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder, to taste
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Prepare the chocolate sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl with a spoon and put aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, from head to bottom, and peel each side carefully.
- Put both sides of the avocado back together and slice it horizontally. You should have about 7 slices.
- Place a teaspoon of nut butter on a plate or on some baking paper and place the base layer of avocado on top, so it sticks and sits upright.
- Spread a layer of chocolate on top, then put another slice of avocado on top, and keep going until you reach the center.
- Fill the center with chocolate and almond butter.
- Finish by topping the avocado with additional chocolate, or by drizzling it down the sides, for presentation.
- Place the avocado in the refrigerator until it sets completely, and serve with a dusting of cacao or maca powder.