With the thought of chocolate, I start drooling. I can hardly resist chocolate and so I decided to make nutritious and healthy choco black eyed bean bites for my sweet snacks.
Choco Black Eyed Bean Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can black eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup medjool dates ( about 7 pitted dates)
- ½ cup dried figs (trim the tail and no sugar added)
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Grind the walnuts in a food processor until powdered form. Add the dates and figs and grind until blends well with the walnuts.
- Add the black eyed peas and grind again for half a minute to smoothen the mixture.
- Grind the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips until balls can be formed.
- Take the mixture in a bowl and mix in the chocolate chips. Mold the mixture into ball shape by pressing between the palms.
- Refrigerate for 3 weeks.