What better way to eat your veggies than stuffed in an avocado? Celery, bell pepper, and cucumber are tossed with crunchy sunflower seeds, fresh parsley, and green onion, then mixed with a spicy mayonnaise made from cashews and stuffed in an avocado. The creaminess of the avocado and the crispness of the fresh vegetables and sunflower seeds provide an amazing contrast to the spicy chipotle mayonnaise.
Chipotle Vegetable Stuffed Avocado [Vegan]
For the Stuffed Avocado:
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
For the Chipotle Mayo:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for approximately 15 minutes or while cutting and mixing other ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chipotle seasoning
- Approximately 1/2 cup water, depending on how thin or thick you want the chipotle mayo to be
- Halve the avocados.
- Throw all chipotle mayo ingredients in a blender, slowly pouring in water and mix until smooth and desired consistency is achieved.
- Mix the vegetables together in a bowl and add the chipotle mayo, approximately 1/2-1 cup to your liking.