Burgers are perfect for combining a variety of different flavors and textures and creating something delicious easily. This particular recipe combines buttery chickpeas, sweet pumpkin, and dill to craft a breaded burger that is fresh and light but still satisfies. Top these burgers with arugula, avocado, relish, tomato, or any of your other favorite fixings!
Chickpea, Pumpkin, and Dill Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup roasted, mashed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs (gluten-free if necessary)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until well incorporated.
- Form mixture into burger patties. You can use an upside down large glass or small bowl to get a more uniform shape.
- Coat with extra bread crumbs.
- To cook, fry in a non-stick fry pan in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes each side. Serve on a bun with toppings of your choice.