Ok Miss Fancy Pants, whose making quiche for breakfast? Two thumbs back at this girl, that's who! These little gems are like a chickpea flour omelet in a snackable portable form. When I first took these out of the oven I was thinking in my head, “hmmm, yeah I’ll be able to eat about five of these..” Man was I wrong. These are ridiculously filling, yet surprisingly light, and I was pretty content after just one.
Chickpea Flour Quiche [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. fresh herbs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 diced pepper
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get that oven cranking to 500F.
- Spray a muffin tin liberally with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix the water, chickpea flour, spices, herbs, nutritional yeast, and 1 Tbsp of the oil. Set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, add in 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil and garlic. Add in diced vegetables and sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to flour mixture and using a whisk combine all ingredients together.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and place in oven about 12 minutes.
- Then open the oven door (this is to allow steam to escape) and bake another 10 minutes with the door open.
The batter will look very thin. This is ok as it will thicken up as it bakes.