Ever since February I’ve been in a bit of a body funk, not knowing what to eat or what’s going to make me regret eating, and unfortunately basic cauliflower is not my friend. Mashed down and hidden in different forms, however, it’s a dream come true because it’s such a versatile ingredient that happens to be healthy and low-carb. Flourless, easy and a good staple to keep in the house, these flatbreads are pretty ninja at keeping you full on the go.
Cauliflower Flatbreads [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 5 TBSP aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 TBSP dry parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat to 350F and line a baking tray.
- Blend cauliflower florets and aquafaba until smooth, then add the spices (with extra to taste). Add in chickpea flour and mix until combined.
- Form handful-sized balls and squash them down on the tray in a compact, 1cm high circle. Tuck the edges in to make flipping them easier.
- Bake 25 minutes, flip, bake 10 – 15 more until golden crisp.
Top with pesto, hummus, grilled eggplant slices, diced peppadews…anything!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS
AquafabaCauliflowerGrain-Free FlourNutritional Yeast / Nooch