Comfort food, without the guilt? This recipe proves it's possible! These decadently stuffed sweet potatoes ooze delicious miso-cauliflower cheese and are covered with plenty of vegetables. They're also super easy to make. So there are no excuses with this one!
Cauliflower Cheese-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes [Vegan]
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 3/4 cup diced tempeh
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup kale
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts
To Make the Sweet Potatoes:
- Wash sweet potatoes, place them on a baking tray and use a fork to pierce a few holes into potatoes. Roast them at 360ºF for about 45 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into large florets. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, then add the cauliflower and cook for 15-20 minutes, until cauliflower is soft. Drain and let cool a bit.
To Make the Cheese Sauce:
- Add cooked cauliflower, nutritional yeast, broth, garlic, cayenne, chopped chili, miso, lemon juice, and tahini to a blender, and blend until completely smooth.
- Heat balsamic and apple cider vinegar together in a skillet. Add tempeh cubes and stir quickly to coat. Sauté over high heat until begins to turn crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Prepare remaining toppings, such as chopped kale, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and pecans.
- To serve, split open the baked potatoes and gently press in on both ends. Fill each potato with cauliflower cheese and toppings.