Ceviche differs from country to country. This ceviche is closest to the Mexican version which contains onions, tomatoes, and peppers. Onion, cilantro, and lime juice have also been added to create a spicy, tangy, and refreshing appetizer. Serve in an avocado for a fun presentation and with plenty of tostadas or chips!
Cauliflower Ceviche [Vegan]
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 4 avocados
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large pot set to high heat. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Drop cauliflower into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and place in the bowl with ice water. Let cool.
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the cauliflower, tomato, cucumber, onion, chile, cilantro, and lime juice and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and serve on top of avocado halves.