This easy dinner will become a household favorite at first bite. Roasted cauliflower is combined with freekeh and protein-rich sprouted lentils. While the cauliflower takes about 30 minutes to roast. You could steam it to save time, bringing the entire cook time down to 20 minutes. Topped with a creamy, herby dill tahini sauce, this filling dish may have simple flavors, but it's anything but boring.
Cauliflower and Lentils With Dill Tahini [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower and Lentils:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 cup freekeh
- 1 cup sprouted lentils
- 1 teaspoon cumin
For the Dill Tahini:
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To Make the Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- On a baking sheet, add the chopped cauliflower, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and cumin. Mix to coat all of the cauliflower, and roast until golden brown, roughly 30-35 minutes.
To Make the Freekeh:
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add the freekeh, lower to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
To Make the Lentils:
- Add 1 cup lentils to 3 cups boiling water. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and add to the cooked freekeh.
To Make the Dill Tahini:
- In a bowl, whisk together the tahini, water, garlic, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Add more water for a thinner consistency.