This vegan cake is not only beautiful, but it's also delicious. The cashews create a rich, filling creaminess and, when paired with fresh lemon juice, oranges, and sweetened naturally, the result is practically divine. Impress all the skeptics - and non skeptics alike - with this at your next holiday dinner. Don't tell 'em it's healthy, raw, vegan, and gluten-free until AFTER they've licked their plates clean and asked for seconds. Trust me, they will.
Cashew Citrus Cream Cake with Pomegranate
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1 peeled orange
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pulse the walnuts into powder in your food processor.
- Add the raisins and pulse until it all begins to stick together.
- Press into the bottom of a lined 9 inch spring form pan.
- Put in the fridge.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjusting accordingly.
- Stir in a 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds if you like, then pour onto your crust.
- Refrigerate overnight, or even better, 48 hours.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve!
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS