Would you ever believe that carrots, sweet potatoes, and bananas could make such a delicious cookie? These aromatic cookies are soft and chewy with a subtly sweet, buttery flavor. These won't even make it out of the kitchen.
Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Almond Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole sweet potato (boiled and peeled)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven at 350°F, prepare a cookie sheet with a parchment paper and grease it well.
- Combine the first three dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix very well until there are no lumps.
- In a food processor combine rest of the ingredients and grind very smooth.
- Now pour the blended liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and whip thoroughly with a spoon.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of the batter on the prepared cookie sheet by keeping 1/4-inch gap between each cookie.
- Place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the cookie sheet to the other side for even baking and bake again for another 10 minutes. (Bake total for 40 minutes).
- Take out the cookies from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.