These little snacks are like bite-sized pieces of carrot cake! They're soft, a little chewy, and sweet, but not too sweet. They can be personalized with anything that suits your taste buds, from chocolate chips to dried fruit. Grab these as a to-go snack, sprinkle these on top of ice cream-like smoothies, or serve them on sundaes!
Carrot Oat Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 4-5 dates, soaked
- 3 tablespoons water from the soaked dates
- 1 tablespoons flax powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, plus 1–2 tablespoons liquid sweetener of choice
- A pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger spice
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter (optional)
- Vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Dried fruit (optional)
- In a food processor, blend the oats until fine, then blend the carrots and the rest of the ingredients, including the nut/seed butter, if using, until combined.
- Take tablespoon-sized batter portions and roll into balls. If you’re doing variations fold in dried fruit or chocolate chips.
- Place in a loaf pan or freezer-friendly container.
- Store in the freezer until ready to eat. Let it defrost for a few minutes before serving.