I find inspiration for delicious things to create from many different places. Often times, I will see something on Pinterest, or in a magazine, and I will think to myself, "I can veganize that!" For these flatbreads, I made a seeded base that I used for crackers, mostly composed of flax seeds, but this time I included some protein powder to give them a protein boost and made them a full meal. Then I made some coconut chèvre to top them with. I even added probiotics to give it a delicious tang so it tasted like the real thing, and so it's good for your insides. I topped off the flatbreads and chevre with some flavorful seeds, lemon-dressed carrots, and baby kale. These are delicious!
Raw Carrot Flatbreads With Coconut 'Chèvre' [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup coconut butter (not oil)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp powdered probiotics
- 1 cup ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup whole flaxseeds
- 4 scoops vegan protein powder (I used one with an entirely pumpkin seed base.)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups filtered water
- 1 large organic carrot
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- sea salt
- cumin seeds
- coriander seeds
- zest of one large organic lemon
- red pepper flakes
- fresh organic baby kale
For the chèvre:
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a container with a lid, and set in a warm place overnight.
- Once it has become tangy in flavor, place in the refrigerator to chill completely.
For the crust:
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended, then spread out on a lined dehydrator tray in a big square about 1/8 inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 115F for 2 hours, then score into 9 squares with a knife. Continue to dehydrate until completely dry, about 22 more hours.
- Peel the carrots into strips with a vegetable peeler. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice and a little sea salt.
To assemble the flatbreads:
- Spread some of the chevre onto each flatbread, sprinkle with a little of the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red pepper flakes and lemon zest.
- Top with the carrots, making sure they are drained well, then top with a little of the kale.
- Serve immediately!