This amazing recipe is for sweet coconut cream ice cream bars made with fresh fig, caramelized bananas, and even chocolate! The bananas add a sweet and creamy flavor to the already fantastic recipe while the chocolate adds yet another layer of decadence. These ice cream bars will definitely be the talk of the town.
Caramelized Banana and Fig Ice Cream Bars [Vegan]
For the Caramelized Banana:
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
For the Ice Cream:
- 2 13.66-ounce cans coconut cream, chilled overnight in the refrigerator
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 fresh figs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Chocolate Dip:
- 6 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup buckwheat
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, peel the bananas and break into small chunks and place in a bowl. Add coconut sugar and stir together until bananas are fully coated. place in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Once the bananas are done let them cool down completely. Once cooled place in a blender with the almond milk and blend until creamy. Pour in a cup and place in fridge.
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 mins prior. Take out coconut cream from the fridge and the water and cream should be separated. Scoop out the white cream only.
- Once the cream is in the bowl, mix with the electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the caramelized banana mixture, cinnamon, and almond milk and mix again until combined (should take about 1 minute).
- Get your moulds ready and slice figs longways and place one piece in each of the moulds.
- Pour in the ice cream mixture and making sure there are no air bubbles, place in paddle pop sticks and freeze for 6 hours (or overnight).
- To get the ice creams out of the moulds, run warm water on them and gently pull them out.
- To make with chocolate layer, pour water in a saucepan and bring to a light simmer. Add in a bowl and place the chocolate and coconut oil in until melted. Once melted, with a spoon pour on chocolate onto the bottom of the ice creams and quickly add on the buckwheat (because it will harden fast).