These festive cupcakes are as exciting on the inside as they are on the outside. Beneath homemade lolly and under the voluminous layers of buttercream frosting there is a fluffy white cake studded with raspberries and filled with a chocolate center.
Candyland Raspberry Cupcakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cupcakes:
2 1/5 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cup, plus 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons freeze dried raspberries
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup, plus 3 1/4 tablespoons sparkling water
For the Lolly:
- Pink and white fondant
- Cake pop sticks
For the Buttercream Frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 1/3 cups of vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the Toppings:
- 3.5 ounces vegan white chocolate
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 drops pink food coloring
- Pinch freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
For the Cupcakes:Preheat your oven to 355°F and line a cupcake tin with cases. Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder into a large bowl and fold in the freeze-dried raspberries.
For the Frosting:
- Cream the butter in a bowl, on a low speed until creamy.
- When your butter/margarine is smooth, creamy, and light in color, carefully sift in the icing sugar and drizzle in the vanilla extract.
- Whizz together until fluffy and fully combined