Weeknight dinners just don't get easier than these jackfruit tacos! Just cook the jackfruit in a skillet with spicy Buffalo sauce, add your toppings, and go! You can serve the jackfruit in a taco shell or a soft taco, top with whatever veggies you desire. The whole dish has great aesthetic appeal, can be thrown together in minutes with minimal effort, has the classic heat of the Buffalo sauce and the coolness of the vegan blue cheese, and is perfect for entertaining.
Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos [Vegan]
- 6 taco shells
- 1 20-ounce can jackfruit in brine
- 1/2-3/4 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup white cabbage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Vegan blue cheese, as desired
- Drain the jackfruit and add to a saucepan with 3 cups of water, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes. Drain, shred with a fork and throw in a pan with Buffalo sauce for 5-7 minutes on medium to high heat.
- The jackfruit should take on a slightly darker color. Remove from heat and dress your tacos with cabbage mix, avocado, and top with blue cheese and chives.