These spicy patties have an addictively crunchy quinoa outside and a soft and tender cauliflower and white bean inside. Buffalo sauce gives it a powerful kick of heat that's instantly cooled by the creamy avocado dip. These patties can be eaten by hand, as a sandwich with the dip playing the part of a spread, or they can be crumbled up on a salad! Once you take the first bite, you'll know that you'll be returning to this recipe again and again.
Buffalo Cauliflower Patties [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
For the Patties:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegan Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Avocado Dipping Sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 6-10 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk, depending on how thick you want the sauce to be
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To Make the Patties:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil up in a large pan over medium/high heat and cook the onion and garlic until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped cauliflower and cook until it browns, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower mixture into a large food processor. Also, pour the drained beans onto a paper towel and, using another paper towel, press out as much moisture as you can.
- Add the dried beans into the food processor, along with the buffalo sauce and salt, and blend until mostly smooth and combined.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and add in the cooked quinoa, diced green onion and cilantro. Stir until well combined and season to taste with black pepper.
- Drop scant 1/4 cup-sized balls of the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet and press lightly into circular patties. Spray the tops with cooking spray and bake until the outside is crispy and browned, about 45-50 minutes.
To Make the Avocado Dipping Sauce:
- Add all of the dip ingredients into a small food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add additional almond milk to achieve desired consistency.