In this recipe, cauliflower florets are tossed in batter and baked in the oven until they have a perfectly crispy coating. Halfway through cooking, they're coated in a spicy sauce and then returned to the oven to let all the flavors can sink in. Serve these Buffalo bites the traditional way, with celery stalks and cool vegan blue cheese, for dipping.
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-sized florets
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of almond or cashew milk
- 3/4 cup of gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 3/4 cup of vegan hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line your baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Into a bowl, whisk the water, milk, flour, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper together. Add a handful of cauliflower to the bowl and toss gently to coat, then lay them out on the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the cauliflower florets are coated.
- Bake for 22 minutes and remove from the oven. Add the hot sauce to a bowl, add some cauliflower, and toss to coat. Put the florets back on the baking sheet and repeat until all have been coated.
- Bake for an additional 12-14 minutes. Remove and serve with fresh celery pieces.