Think Brussels sprouts are boring? Well, this gratin is about to change your mind. Oven-roasted Brussels sprouts are cooked with a creamy, cheesy sauce made from coconut milk and melty vegan cheese. It's easy, comforting, and so rich. It's the perfect winter side dish!
Brussels Sprouts Gratin [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Recipe is :
- 1 3/4 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, and each sprout cut into halves or quarters
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 slices vegan smoked gouda cheese, chopped or your favorite vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F convection setting, or 450°F regular bake setting.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and a generous amount of sea salt.
- Spread the sprouts out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven 20 minutes.
- In a small pot, melt the butter.
- Whisk in the tapioca flour and continue to whisk until it’s totally smooth and starting to color (about 3 minutes).
- Pour in the coconut milk, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, and the smoked gouda and stir until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Put the Brussels sprouts in an oven-proof casserole dish and pour the sauce over.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the top.
- Bake in the oven 20 minutes.