With melted chocolate and a swirl of almond butter baked right in, these brownies are extra moist, fudgy, and all around everything you could ever want from a brownie.
Almond Butter Swirl Brownies [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter plus 2 more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seeds with 6 tablespoons water)
- Mix your ground flax with your water and set aside to gelatinize.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave at 15 second intervals, or over a double boiler. Once melted add 1 teaspoon coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Whisk together your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in another.
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and fold together.
- Fold in your chopped hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Place your brownie batter into a sprayed square pan or round cast iron pan.
- Swirl into the top of the batter 2 tablespoons of almond butter.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake the brownies for 30 minutes.
- Allow the baked brownies to cook for 30 full minutes in their pan, if you don’t they won’t set properly!
- Top with drizzle chocolate, more hazelnuts and almond butter.