When you're bored of just plain tomato sauce on pasta, this recipe for pesto is an easy way to try something new. This creamy, cheesy broccoli pesto can be made with fresh basil, mint, or any herb of your choice. It's best served with any kind of pasta with cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs as garnish.
Broccoli Pesto Pasta [Vegan]
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup basil or mint leaves, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Steam or boil broccoli florets for 3-5 minutes.
- Put the cashews, lemon juice, garlic cloves, and nutritional yeast in a food processor and mix well.
- Add the broccoli florets, basil leaves, red pepper flakes, olive oil, black pepper, and salt and pulse until smooth.
- Serve the broccoli pesto over pasta of your choice.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS