This is a delicious flat bread recipe that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. It's loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and delicious nutty flavor from the almond meal. Straight out the oven, toasted, or made into a sandwich; there are so many options with this delicious flatbread!
Broccoli Almond Flatbread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, left to swell in a small bowl with 4 tablespoons water
- 5 cups broccoli florets, cleaned
- 1 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or Himalayan rock salt
- Grind of black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 390°F.
- Place the chia seeds and water into a small bowl, mix and leave to swell.
- Blitz the broccoli florets in a food processor until fine.
- Add the broccoli to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the swollen chia seed gel and mix well until all combined.
- On a lined baking tray, evenly spread the mixture and press down with either your hands or a flat silicone baking spatula.
- Poke a few holes around the mixture with a fork to ensure even baking.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- Slice and store in an airtight container.