It may seem weird to eat quinoa in the morning but it actually makes a great breakfast. Good Morning Quinoa is a filling vegan and gluten free breakfast that will keep you feeling full for hours. It is topped with protein packed seeds and nuts for extra staying power.
Protein-Packed Breakfast Quinoa Bowl [Vegan]
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, or any dried fruit
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, or any fresh fruit
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut milk for drizzling
- Mix almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg and ginger in a pot then add the quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Sir in the dried cranberries and maple syrup and adjust sweetness to taste.
- Spoon the quinoa into bowls and top each serving with almonds, sunflower seeds, blueberries, chia seeds and a drizzle of coconut milk and enjoy!