Blueberry, coconut, and lemon form a symphony of wonderful flavor in these protein-rich little bites of delight. These are perfect for snacking on throughout your day. With just nuts, seeds, blueberry, and coconut as the base, they’re filling, energizing, and honestly taste like balls of candied blueberry muffins.
Blueberry Lemon Coconut Protein Balls [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes, plus extra for coating
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus extra for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- Blend together cashews, flax seed, and coconut flakes to create a course combination and pour into a bowl.
- Blend blueberries, dates, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and sea salt. This will create a pretty wet mixture. Use a spatula to pour into bowl with dry mixture and mix until combined. Mixture should easily hold together when pinched.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to make dough cold and slightly hardened. Roll into 1 inch balls then roll in leftover lemon zest and coconut flakes.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.