You might think blueberries and cornbread a weird combo (which it totally is), but in a weird way it also totally works! It adds another element of sweetness, some blueberry flavor, and gives them a nice blue color of course. We wouldn’t recommend eating this with chili as most people would associate with cornbread, but it’s a great breakfast muffin! Or snack muffin! Or whatever you want it to be muffin!
Blueberry Corn Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix almond mix and apple cider together. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients (including sugar) together in a small bowl.
- Add almond milk mixture and coconut oil to a mixer.
- Using the whisk attachment, add in the dry ingredients all at once and mix until just combined.
- Portion batter into muffin cups and top each one with blueberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Optional: add frozen corn bits as well!