These deliciously moist blondies are almost too cute to eat! They're gluten-free and loaded with blueberries, making them a lighter version than your run-of-the-mill blondie. Snuggle under the blankets and enjoy these warm, with a cold glass of almond milk.
Blueberry Blondies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1/2 a vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Lightly grease the base of an 8×8-inch brownie pan and line it with parchment paper, making sure there are a few extra inches around the sides of the pan to easily lift out the blondies.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the banana, applesauce, oil, sugar, milk, and the vanilla seeds until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flours, potato starch, baking powder, soda, and salt, and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients. Mix just until incorporated. The blondies should have a moist texture, so don’t over-mix.
- Finally, fold in the white chocolate chips and walnuts, pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and top with the fresh blueberries (it isn’t necessary to chop them).
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking the blondies at 25 minutes by inserting a fine wooden stick (or cake tester) into the center of the cake. If the blondies are done the stick should come out mostly clean with just a few moist tiny crumbs. Be careful and do not over-bake.
- Let the blondies cool for approximately 30 minutes in the pan over a wire rack, remove from the pan, and let cool completely before slicing into 12 squares.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS